This delicious tuna-and-beans recipe only take five minutes to prepare and is tangy and light, yet satisfying, thanks to the high protein content from the tuna and beans. The thin slices of sourdough bread provide adequate carbs to give you some immediate energy.
- 1 can organic cannellini or white beans
- 1 medium sized tin of Sirena tuna chunks in oil
- 1 bunch italian parsley
- 1 Lemon
- 2 pieces good quality sourdough bread (we love Morpeth Sourdough, sold at Harris Farm Markets), sliced thinly
- A splash of rice wine vinegar
- Grinder salt & pepper
- Chop parsley roughly
- Drain oil out of tuna as much as possible and break up tuna in a bowl
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans
- Mix parsley, tuna & beans
- Squeeze lemon juice generously on mix
- Add splash of rice wine vinegar to the mix
- Add salt and pepper to your taste
- Serve on crispy thinly sliced sourdough.