Choose a wholewheat sourdough such as morpeth wholewheat and sesame stocked at Harris Farm stores and slice very thinly. The nutty sesame taste contrasts beautifully with the soft cheese and pear. Supermarket bought light ricotta is never as delicious as that you’ve purchased at your local delicatessen.
- Salt free light ricotta cheese – one tablespoon per slice of bread
- 1 pear per two slices bread
- 3 thin (0.5cm) slices of your favourite sourdough bread per person
- Toast the bread
- Spread a generous amount of light ricotta cheese
- Top with thin slices of pear
- Grate a little nutmeg over the pear and serve!